teaRIOT’s Summertime Sweepstakes Contest Rules
OFFICIAL RULES (these “Official Rules”)
Last Updated: May 28th, 2021
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, U.S. TERRITORIES, OUTSIDE THE CONTIGUOUS U.S. AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Eligibility. Each Entrant of the Contest must be a legal resident of the contiguous United States, and at least 18 years of age on the date of Entry. The officers, directors and employees of Sponsor, and any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and any vendors providing services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) and their immediate family and household members (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate.
3. How to Enter. To enter, visit the Website prior to the End Date (the “Entry Period”) and enter your true and correct information on the registration form in the required fields (required fields include: Full Name and Email Address). Upon registering, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest (“Sweepstakes Entry”). Limit of one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per person, per email address throughout the Entry Period. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned to the Entrants. Each Entry must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including but not limited to Entries made using any script, macro, bot, or sweepstake service) may be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked. Personal information collected from Entrants will be used only for purposes of notifying the winner, and will not be re-used, sold or shared in any manner by Sponsor, or any third parties. No forms of entry other than as stated in these Official Rules will be accepted. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these Official Rules may be disqualified in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
4. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. Your purchase of a product or service from the Sponsor or from the Prize (as hereinafter defined) manufacturer will not increase your chances of winning a Prize.
5. Requirements for Entries. Each person appearing in an Entry (“Subject”) must be eighteen years of age or older. Entries, including contact information submitted along with any Entry, that are deemed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Official Rules, not to fit the theme, or to be otherwise infringing, harmful, inappropriate, defamatory, or generally not in keeping with the image of Sponsor, will be rejected and will not be eligible to participate in the Contest. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Submissions must not: a. use individuals’ names or likenesses (alive or dead), in whole or in part (including the Entrant’s last name) without permission; b. contain profanity, pornographic, or sexual content, content promoting illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature, or any other offensive, obscene, or inappropriate content; c. defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies, including, but not limited to Sponsor; d. promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; e. promote a political agenda regardless of the political affiliation; or f. primarily act as an advertisement or product placement for any particular product or service.
6. Conditions of Entry. By entering the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that (i) each Entry is the original work of Entrant and has not previously been published or won an award or prize of any kind; (ii) the Entry has not been copied wholly or partially from any other work; (iii) Entrant has obtained all the rights, licenses, and permissions in writing from each Subject and each person who helped to create the Entry; and (iv) the Entry does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights, or any other intellectual property rights. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. By participating, Entrants agree to these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements.
7. Commercial Use of Submissions and Likeness. By entering this Contest, and to the extent allowed by law, Entrant grants Sponsor and its affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, and third party marketing entities, the absolute right and permission to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, translate, dub, adapt, publish, exploit, and use the content of and elements embodied in the Entry and the entries themselves, in perpetuity in any and all media, including but not limited to digital and electronic media, computer, audio and audiovisual media (whether now existing or hereafter devised), in any language, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation. Entrants waive and release Sponsor and its affiliates from any and all claims that entrants may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on any claims, including but not limited to “moral rights” or “droit moral” or unfair competition with respect to Sponsor’s exploitation of Entries without further notification or compensation to entrants of any kind, and agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor or its affiliates, licensees, or any other person in connection with this Contest, on the grounds that any use of any entry, or any derivative works, infringe or violate any of Entrant’s rights therein. By entering the Contest or claiming a Prize, Entrants grant, and agree to confirm that grant in writing upon request, to Sponsor and its affiliates (including their agents and assigns), the irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive right, in perpetuity, to the use of their name, voice, picture, and likeness in connection with the Entry. Upon request of Sponsor, Entrants shall, and take all reasonable efforts to cause Subjects to, execute and deliver such additional instruments of license or waiver as may be solely deemed by Sponsor to be reasonably necessary to establish Sponsor’s rights in and to the entry Entries and to permit their use as set forth herein. Should Sponsor fail to request any licenses as stated herein, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s right to do so, and Sponsor may at a later time request the licenses, and Entrants and Subjects agree to honor such a request.
8. Prizes. Each Winner will receive one (1) of the following products, as selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion: a custom pool floatie, a custom beach blanket, or a custom beach ball (the “Prize”). Total approximate retail value of the Prize is $60. The Prize may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash, except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any part of it with a replacement of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Only eighty (80) Prizes will be awarded during the Entry Period. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from this Contest are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Promotion Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or undelivered Prizes. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO GUARANTEE. ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY THE PROMOTION PARTIES. ALL PRIZE DETAILS ARE AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION. ANY COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AND USE NOT SPECIFIED HEREIN AS BEING PROVIDED ARE WINNERS’ SOLE RESPONSIBILITY.
9. Winner Notification and Prize Fulfillment. The Sponsor will attempt to notify each Winner via by email at the contact information provided in the Entry, within approximately one (1) week after the end of the applicable Entry Period (“Prize Notification”). As a condition of receiving the Prize, the Winner must send the photo source file of the Entry to Sponsor, and consent to Sponsor’s use of Entrant’s name, address, likeness, Entry, prize information and/or statements about the promotion for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving the Prize Notification. If (i) the Winner fails to respond to the Prize Notification or return these documents within the specified time period or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, (ii) any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the Winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or is unwilling or unable to accept the Prize, then in each case Winner will forfeit the Prize and an alternate Winner may be selected by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Note, the Promotion Parties shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
10. General. By entering this Contest, you agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding and (ii) if you are chosen as the Winner, to consent to the use by the Sponsor and its designees of your name, city and state of residence and photograph or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes online and off-line in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Entry materials that have been tampered with are void. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of an Entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address provided with the applicable Entry and such owner must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses at the time the entry was submitted. This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the City and County of New York. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have. Contest materials are void if incomplete or if they contain errors. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Conduct. By entering into this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to constitute unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
12. Limitations of Liability. The Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any human error, technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; or (e) any injury or damage to the participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download any materials from the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not able to run through completion for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, without further liability to the entrants or third parties. If terminated, the Sponsor reserves the right to select the winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of termination. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest or the operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents.
13. Releases. All participants, as a condition of participation in the Contest, agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Promotion Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with (a) participation in any aspect of the Contest, (b) the receipt, ownership, use or misuse of the Prize awarded, including any travel associated with any Prize, (c) participant’s registration material on any related website, (d) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules, (e) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to, the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software or other mechanical equipment, (f) the availability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone or Internet service, (g) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest, or (h) electronic or human error in the admission of the Contest or the processing of Sweepstakes Entries.
14. No Liability. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete entries, network connection problems, system errors, computer errors or failures, data corruption or other malfunctions, whether caused by equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion, or by error, human or otherwise, which may limit or otherwise impact an entrant’s ability to participate in the promotion. The Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any sweepstakes related materials.
15. Interpretation of Rules. The Sponsor is the sole interpreter of these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or part of this promotion should any virus, bug, non-authorized intervention or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the promotion. In such cases, and at its option and in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may select Winners by random drawing from those entries received by electronic transmission prior to the corruption or other event. The Sponsor may disqualify any individual the Sponsor reasonably believes in its discretion to have tampered with the entry process or with the operation of the promotion, or who is found to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
16. Tax Information. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on Prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable Winner.
17. Sponsor. teaRIOT, LLC. Send any communications regarding this promotion to email@example.com.
18. Winners List. After the Contest has concluded, to receive the list of Winners of Prizes, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 578 Washington Blvd #855 Marina Del Rey 90292.